Per charlotte beydon – Updated October 19, 2022
The value of the scholarship to study in Europe is, like the Crous scholarship, calculated according to the number of points and the income of the candidate’s family. varies so much according to levels between €1,042 to €5,736 per year🇧🇷 To order, it’s very simple: everything is done connected through the Messervicesetudiant.gouv.fr service.
But this scholarship is just one scholarship among other aids to study in Europe or the rest of the world. The Erasmus+ program, international mobility aid, school scholarships… multiple possibilities to finance your stay abroad🇧🇷
To find out everything about the scholarship to study in Europe, the conditions for granting it, the steps to apply or other help to study abroad, keep reading this article.
What are the conditions for receiving a scholarship to study in Europe?
Is about ofa subsidy based on social criteria🇧🇷 for French scholarship students who leave to continue their studies in one of the member countries of the Council of Europe🇧🇷 To benefit from it, you must complete a series of conditionsboth in terms of resources and also in terms of studies.
Nationality conditions for the European student grant
To benefit from the scholarship to study in Europe, you must be of French nationality🇧🇷
It is also possible to receive it if you are of foreign origin:
- Born in a country of the European Union
- Born in a country in the European Economic Area
- was born in switzerland
Study Abroad Requirements for this Scholarship
To receive the scholarship, you have educational obligations🇧🇷 Then you will need:
- Be enrolled in a higher education establishment and follow training leading to a national diploma for at least 9 months.
- Justify your presence with transcripts or a certificate, for example
Heads up : Many courses are not eligible for the scholarship in Europe🇧🇷 This is particularly the case:
- Artistic training: architecture, music, dance, etc.
- Paramedical or health and social training: physiotherapy, osteopathy, nursing care, etc.
- Agricultural training: agriculture, veterinary medicine, etc.
- Distance learning, whatever the sector chosen
- Language refresher course
Also, you need to study in a state that is part of the European Union, the European Economic Area or the Swiss Confederation. Here are the eligible countries for the scholarship to study in Europe 🇧🇷
- Czech Republic
Good to know : The scholarship in Europe can also be awarded to students who started their higher education in France and wish to study in the United Kingdom, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro or Serbia.
Other conditions related to the European stock market
Like any exchange based on social criteria, the European exchange also establishes other conditions, such as:
- The applicant’s household resources (usually those of the parents)
- The number of dependent children of the applicant’s family
- The distance between the place of study, the applicant’s home and the family’s home
It is, therefore, essential to provide proof of residency in the country of studyfor a lease or rent receipts, for example.
The value of the scholarship is defined according to the same calculation method as the Crous scholarship🇧🇷 Therefore, it varies according to the applicant’s family resources and may vary from €1,042 to €5,736 per year (for the academic year 2022-2023).
This sum is paid directly into the beneficiary’s bank account at the beginning of the month, usually from September to June, although it is also possible to receive it during the long holidays.
The value of the bag is calculated according to the steps from 0 bis (for the lowest help) to 7 (for the highest help). Position in these levels is determined by:
- Spots: depending on the composition of the household and the distance between the place of study and residence, the administration assigns a certain number of points.
- Resources of applicant’s parents: these are N-2 resources, i.e. 2020 income for a 2022-2023 grant. However, in certain situations, it happens that only the student’s income is taken into account.
Want to know more ? Then go to our dedicated article on the Crous stock exchange.
Applying for a European scholarship is very simple. Simply:
- Fill in your student social file like for a classic Crous scholarship application
- Fill in an application for scholarships to study in a member country of the Council of Europe, a form that you will find in your personal space (here is the form for students of the Academy of Nantes, for example)
- Prepare supporting documents for your process (identity document, school certificate from the institution attended, proof of residence in the country)
- Send everything in PDF format via the Messervicesetudiant.gouv.fr service, section “EHR tracking” then “Deposit coins into my EHR for 2022/2023🇧🇷
Scholarships for studying abroad: what other aids are given to students?
If you want to continue your higher education abroad, in Europe or around the world🇧🇷 the scholarship to study in a member country of the Council of Europe is not the only help that you can ask.
The Erasmus+ program
Be for take a full course or to do an internship in a European countrythe Erasmus+ program is there to help you.
Granted by the European Commission, this funding can also reach €450 per month and they are destined too for students, high school and college students🇧🇷 You can even take advantage if you are an apprentice or job seeker and want to do an internship abroad.
More information in our special article Erasmus Scholarship.
international mobility assistance
If you wish continue your studies without being restricted to Europe, know that there is assistance for international mobility. Intended for students who stay abroad for 2 to 9 months, however it is not assigned to everyone. In fact, this is quantitatively limited🇧🇷
To benefit from it, you must a solid case And, especially an individual project qualitative, ambitious and aligned with the policy followed by the chosen university. Ask your establishment’s international relations department to learn more and see also our article in AMI.
Help from local authorities
Many local authorities (departments, regions or large cities) propose financial support for students who wish to continue their studies abroad.
Any measures put in place remain despite everything specific to each community and can be combined (or not) with state aid, Erasmus+ scholarship or scholarship to study in a member country of the Council of Europe.
The simplest one, therefore, is get closer to the various organizations in your region to find out about the available aid and its eligibility criteria.
some schools such as the French Schools Abroad (EFE) and foundations created abroad offer help to French students. This is the case, for example, of:
- the French School in Rome, Italy, which teaches history, archeology, and social sciences
- the Casa de Velazquez in Madrid, Spain, specializing in Hispanic and Iberian arts and studies
- the French Institute of Oriental Archeology in Cairo, Egypt, where it is possible to do a PhD in archeology and Egyptology
- the students of the Kenza Foundation for Fine Arts and Art History
- the Besse Foundation for engineering students…
There are others, too, do not hesitate to consult the Ministry of Higher Education website and the Student website. Government
A question to ask? A problem to raise? A whole community at your service…
❓ Who can benefit from the scholarship to study in Europe?
💰How much is the scholarship to study abroad?
📋 How to apply for the European Student Scholarship?
👨🎓 Are there other supports for studying abroad?
Photo credit: © StockUnlimited
Graduated in marketing and communication, former sophrologist and now web editor, I try to provide clear, precise and complete answers to all your doubts.