Examine Overseas: Concentrate on 3 Worldwide Packages

The life of a student is, a priori, that of someone who is thirsty for knowledge and discovery. To obtain quality training in a specific field, many students travel far from their countries. Study trips are as old as the world. In Europe and other parts of the world, programs have been implemented by public authorities to facilitate international student travel. This article features 3 of them!


Erasmus+ is part of the same dynamics as the Erasmus programme, but pursues broader objectives. Erasmus enabled student and professor exchanges between European universities for about thirty years. Created in 2014, Erasmus+ includes 33 countries located mostly in Europe, but also in other regions of the world. By way of information, due to Brexit, the United Kingdom is no longer part of the programme.

Erasmus+ takes into account students as well as university and secondary students. Any student at least 10 years of age can participate. Teachers also have the opportunity to travel to the countries involved in Erasmus+. The particularity of the program is that it is also open to students at the end of their training, young graduates and job seekers. The duration of stay abroad under Erasmus+ is 12 months.

To get the most out of your outdoor trip, remember to prepare as best you can. If you have to go to a country whose language you don’t understand, learn it first. You will need to take language tests to complete your file. If you want to take a language trip together with the Erasmus+ programme, use specialized companies.


If you are interested in North America to continue your studies, you can turn to MICEFA. This is the acronym for “Interuniversity Mission for the Coordination of Franco-American Exchanges”. This is a program established between France, USA and Canada to promote collaboration between their universities.

In practice, MICEFA brings together 65 North American universities and 17 universities in Ile-de-France. In France, the institutions concerned are, among others, the University of the Sorbonne, the University of Nanterre, the University of Versailles-Saint-Quentin, etc. The vast majority of North American universities are located in the United States and some are located in the English-speaking regions of Canada.

The program allows you to enjoy training at a reduced cost. As a beneficiary, you will only pay for tuition at your home university. MICEFA is close to Erasmus+ from this point of view. The program entitles you to one or two mobility semesters. To access it, you must be registered at at least an L2 level and selected by your university.


In Canada, Quebec has its own international university exchange program. This is the PQEE (Quebec Student Exchange Program) which is open to 25 countries around the world. France is one of them. About ten universities in Quebec and hundreds of universities in partner countries are involved. Quebec institutions involved in the PQEE are French speaking, but offer training in English and French. There are, for example, the University of Sherbrooke and the University of Laval.

However, if you wish to study directly at an English-speaking university located in Quebec, you must prove that you have a good level of English, if you intend to do so, do some linguistic preparation before leaving for Quebec. This student mobility program allows you to benefit from training at a reduced cost. You can enjoy it for a period ranging from a quarter to a full year.

Leave a Comment