Sensible information to learning in the USA/USA

Content produced in partnership with Enjoy Study USA

Yes you can! If you’re tempted by an adventure across the Atlantic, go for it! But before packing your bags, you should prepare your stay in the United States well. It is up to each one to find the right formula according to their age, their level of education, their professional project… There is necessarily one that is made for you.

College, university, high school… which institution to choose if you want study in the usa ? What if I don’t have enough level, if I only have a few months? So many issues that need to be analyzed for a successful stay.

Study in the United States at a university

So you dream of doing part or all of your studies in New York or Los Angeles? ” It is possible and even easyguarantees Isabelle Maman, director of Enjoy Study USA, the registration office of universities and stays in the United Statesand more particularly in California and Los Angeles. “For each profile, there is a formula. From the age of 16, a young person can participate in a summer sessionthat is, joining the benches of the famous university UCLA Los Angeles for a summer, for example ».

How to study in the USA after graduation?

After getting your bachelor’s degree, an interesting solution issabbatical year. “The “gap year” is relevant, as it constitutes a moment of reflection before starting a course in higher education. Parcoursup offers this option and remains open for two years.”

Another option, after getting your bachelor’s degree in France. “We enroll students at Santa Monica College (SMC) or California State University Northridge (CSUN) privately”, to complete his first year of Bachelor’s degree in the United States. Generalist, this first year allows those who wish to try different disciplines in addition to their specialization (business, science, engineering, film, etc.), before a specialization in the second year. “It is also possible enroll in a school and spend a american bachelor’s high school diplomaadds Isabelle Maman.

Requests from students who want go to US after bac+2 at leastbeing more numerous, the offers were adapted. “If you choose the UCLA Los Angeles extensionhighlights Isabelle Maman, you can take advantage of a 3-18 month degree program and company internships. UCLA Extension offers state professional diplomas “Certified Professional Diplomas” in more than 50 areas of study. These diplomas are intended for those who want to make their CV more attractive, adding a american university degree with international experience and the excellent reputation of UCLA ext. Another example: California State University Northridge CSUN in Los Angeles offers opportunities for students looking to pursue a Masters or MBA. »

Is the level of English a barrier?

” Absolutely notunderlines the director of Enjoy Study USA. If necessary, you can take an English preparatory course for 3 to 6 months before applying to the university. » Budget shouldn’t be an obstacle either: “There are really affordable educational opportunities. Some universities play the game and offer formulas tailored to international students. » Also remember to find out, you can benefit from a stock Exchange.

Coming to the US for a Language Stay

Today, France is a country where students do not master English well enough orally and in writing when they leave high school. It is therefore interesting to provide a language stay since adolescence. A first immersion that can take different forms, the best known being the “one to one” that provides accommodation with a host family or a themed stay (sports, artistic activities, etc.). A fun way to prepare for future studies in the United States.

Opt for the best formula, before or after your bachelor’s degree

Before choose an agency with those going to the US for a study or language stay, check if they organize information meetings. A coaching service (to give advice before departure, but also throughout the stay) is sometimes offered by some agencies. To discover.

Are you interested in going to study in the United States?

Do you live in Europe or Switzerland and want to go to the US to improve your English? Fill in your email address below to receive more information from Enjoy Study USA

I want to study in USA

Do you want to know American universities and ask your questions about courses, conditions of study and admission, life there… See you at Studyrama’s International Training and Career Fairs!

Leave a Comment